Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Poetry


Just Those Few Weeks
For those few weeks-
I had you to myself.
And that seems too short a time
to be changed so profoundly.
In those few weeks-
I came to know you...
And to love you too.
You came to trust me with your life.
Oh, what a life I had planned for you!
Just those few weeks-
When I lost you.
I lost a lifetime of hope,
plans, dreams, and aspirations...
A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.
Just those few weeks-
It wasn't enough to convince others how special and important you were,
How odd, a truly unique person has recently died
and no one is mourning the passing.
Just these few weeks-
And no "normal" person would cry all night
over a tiny, unfinshed baby,
or get depressed and withdraw day after endless day.
No one would so why am I?
You were those few weeks my little one
you darted in and our of my life too quickly,
But it seems that's all the time you needed
to make my life so much richer
and give me a small glimpse of eternity.
-Susan Erling



Some tread upon this earth for many years
And some touch many lives
Some alight for only a few heartbeats
And touch only a few lives.
But whether a raindropor a teardrop
touches the water
Both cause ripples
And
Both are missed
when the water stills
And
Neither is forgotten where
the ripples touched.
-Unknown



God didn’t promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, nor sun without rain; but he did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

I miss you now more than ever before
But, I trust God will open a door
And show me how to go on without you
To give me some hope and comfort too.
For you were my life and I loved you so dear
And it breaks my heart to not have you near.
But, life goes on and I will too
I just wish it wouldn’t go on without you.
All my love . . .



And if I go, while you're still here...
Know that I live onVibrating to a different measure--
Behind a thin veil you cannot see through.
You will not see me,
So you must have faith.
I wait for the time when we can soar together again,
--Both aware of each other.
Until then, live your life to its fullest.
And when you need me,
Just whisper my name in your heart,...
I will be there. -
Emily Dickinson



Little Footprints
How very softly
you tiptoed into my world.
Almost silently,
only a moment you stayed.
But what an imprintyour footprints have left
upon my heart.

No comments: