I was laying in bed last night trying to figure out how to describe the down I've felt for the last few days. I know I'm not in the pit or in a hole - then the word "puddle" popped into my head. I have just been in a little puddle lately. As I was asking God to pull me up from my puddle, I remembered a little girl named Summer that I worked with while I was in college. She was 3 and had a seizure disorder. While she was playing outside, she had a seizure and fell face down in a little puddle and drowned. I realized that these little puddles can become very dangerous if I let myself stay in them too long.
I don't know why these little "aha" moments continue to surprise me. God is working in my life and guiding me through this healing process.
1 comment:
I love the puddle analogy. It makes such perfect sense! Don't stay in the puddle too long or you will drown in your misery. But if you will cry out to God for help, he will rescue you and lift you out of the puddle so that you might live. That is so awesome when you think about it.
Post a Comment