I knew I hadn't blogged in a long time, but I didn't realize there were only a couple of posts last year! There is so much on my mind, but it's so hard to take the time to just stop and reflect sometimes. It takes a lot of energy to sit down and get it all out, and frankly I just haven't had it in me.
One song I want to add to my playlist is Kenny Chesney's "Who You'd Be Today". I often wonder what it would be like if he was here. If he would look like me like Ranger and Danner do or if he would look like Mark like Gunner does. I wonder if he'd be quiet and calm (ha!) or a rootin' tootin' stinker like his brothers. We talk a lot about how crazy it would be if we still had Tyler and Gunner! I truly believe that losing him saved my soul. I have learned a lot about trusting and seeking God, but I wish it wouldn't have taken the loss of a child to do that.
Another song whose lyrics touch me is Faith Hill's "Everywhere I Am There You'll Be":
In my dreams I'll always see you soar above the sky,
In my heart there'll always be a place for you for all my life
I'll keep a part of you with me
And everywhere I am there you'll be
Happy Birthday sweet boy, we miss you every day. Gunner even likes to look at your picture in the mornings!
2 comments:
I always hear that Faith Hill song with the same ears. Love you bunches!
Hey sweet baby boy. I have been thinking of you often the last couple of months. I guess knowing your birthday was coming up just triggered thoughts of you more often than normal. At times they bring a smile to face, having only my imagination to see you in Heaven, eternally young, praising God and singing. I always imagine you singing. I don't know why but I do. Singing and Smiling. At times its bitter sweet when I'm also thinking of your mom and dad and brothers, hoping that while we are here on earth we will keep to the straight and narrow and by God's Grace, join you someday in Heaven. I love you Tyler. Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment