Friday, January 27, 2012

Rainbows

Well, I've got a years worth of posting to do :)
Have I gotten on my soapbox about "rainbow" babies? I always hated that term, but this puts it so well. When that baby is born alive, the storm is not over!!! There is not some magical healing or transformation that takes place. For me, it reopened all my grief and everything Gunner did I wondered if Tyler would have done that, looked like that or smelled the same. I was convinced that he was going to die (PTSD anyone?)
Gunner has been a tremendous joy in our lives and having him forced me to keep move forward. My life stopped for over a year when Tyler died, but having Gunner forced me to start living again. That's what a "rainbow" does- it's immense beauty in brightness in the midst of a dark and scary time. And that brightness is now running through the house naked, covered in bubbles and trying to shoot his brothers. See? Forcing me to keep moving forward, can't stay here long

No comments: