
I wanted to share this amazing picture my mom painted of the boys! She even carved a little "T" in the tree for Tyler. It is such a special gift, and I wanted to share it with everyone!
I haven't posted in awhile, so I have a lot to add. At church last Sunday, the preacher preached on 1 Peter 5:6-10
"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world. But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered awhile, perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you."
This wasn't really written in the context of a loss, but it still struck me. God will lift me up in due time and will carry my burden if I give it to him. The devil is stalking, looking for a weakness to attack in us. We have to be on the lookout for him and resist him. I am not the only one suffering with this in the world - I am not alone. After I have suffered, He will perfect, establish, strengthen and settle me. Isn't that great?!!
And this was the e-votional from yesterday -
2 Corinthians 1:3-5
“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort over flows.”
This is why I share my journey - and I want to give God the praise and credit for what he is doing in my life! Thank you so much to everyone who reads, comments, and emails encouraging words, they really mean a lot!
1 comment:
What an excellent gift for your mom to give you and the boys! It's really good! I'm glad that you are continuing to write... I would have hated for you to stop - it's something your heart and soul need as well as we never know who else is lead to read "your" words... ;-)
Post a Comment