Monday, June 16, 2008

Thoughts

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

"God doesn't give us what we can handle; God helps us handle what we are given."

"Love life as it is . . . not as you want it."

"Being happy doesn't mean everything's perfect. It means you decide to see beyond the imperfections."

I came across these in a catalog I got in the mail the other day. These really are what I need to help me get through this stage I'm in - I am not happy with myself right now, I am grumpy, irritable and just no fun. I hate the way I am acting toward Mark, my kids, and everyone else around me. I feel ok inside, but I just don't want to be out of the house or around any people. As long as I am in my safe little bubble I don't feel as evil. I have been praying that God will help me see the joy in my life and help me loosen up a little - when we got up this morning, I saw that Danner had given himself another haircut, but this time it's half of his head and not just one spot! I really had to stop myself from being mad and just laugh at the moment. Baby step #1, many many more to go!!

No comments: