Monday, July 14, 2008

Quilt

Mark's sweet aunt Lavoy made Tyler a baby quilt. She's been making one for all of the new babies in the family for several years. I was hoping she would make him one, but you never know how some people will react to a loss. I got the courage up to ask her just to make him 1 little square or something so I would have something that was made just for him. The next day, she showed me the quilt she had made him. She wasn't sure if I would want it or not. Words cannot describe how much that meant to me. She even put his name and date in it.

I showed it to Danner and he said we needed to have another baby named Tyler to wrap up in it. He also asked if they could use it since he's dead. Hmmm how do you respond to that?

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Awww, that's ADORABLE! I'm so glad that you were given something made especially for Tyler. So sweet. I guess I would just tell Danner that Tyler doesn't need the blanket in Heaven but that it's a special way to remember him and if he wants to, he can wrap up in it when he wants to feel close to his brother. Do you think he would "get" that? (((hugs)))