Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thank you, thank you!!



The award states: "These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

Kristi - gave me this wonderful award (and I think she's the one who taught me how to hyperlink). Thanks Kristi and I know this is probably cheating, but I am giving the award to you too. Your blog is one of the highlights of my day. You are a fabulous writer and even better photographer. So many times, you have put what I've been feeling into words that I couldn't. I pray for you daily and wish you nothing but the absolute best!

Angie - will probably never know I gave her this award since she doesn't visit my blog, but she writes the most wonderful blogs. She lost a daughter last year and her love and faith are absolutely inspirational. She has helped me be a better, more Godly mom to my kids. Go check her out.

Holli - Holly lost her daughter Brenna not too long after Tyler died. She has a great outlook and I am so proud of how well she has done in the months since Brenna's death. I know you've already gotten this award Holli, but I appreciate you too!

Beth - For some reason I really connect with what Beth writes. I don't communicate with her much other than commenting on her blog, but I feel like we have a lot in common

Jenny - is one of the dearest friends I've ever had. Her blog has really given me a lot of good insight on my marriage and my relationship with Jesus.

I read tons of blogs, but I don't know how many want me to link them (Jenny and Beth, I hope you don't mind, let me know and I'll unlink you!) but Elsie, Marissa, Leana, and Holly - if you are reading, consider yourselves awarded!

I've finally reached 24 weeks! I don't know why that feels like such a big milestone, but babysteps I guess. I really feel like the guy from "What About Bob" going through each day just repeating "baby steps, baby steps, baby steps" over and over! This has been a really good week. He is moving around quite a bit and I'm feeling pretty optimistic. I don't know if it's faith, or just a few good days. I was reading today about Jesus' death, and if you want to talk about someone not wanting to go where God wanted him to go, I imagine Jesus understands that completely. He went out to pray and begged God to "let this cup pass from me" but then he added "not my will, but yours be done." How much strength it must have taken for him to let it all happen and not put up a fight. It also says an angel appeared to him from heaven, strengthening him (Luke 22:42-43) I know that God will send his strength and help me no matter what path He leads me down.
I have shared so much of the yucky stuff in my life here, I really want to share the good. My kids are a blast and they have a separate blog with all the happy stuff. It's not very interesting, but it's good for a few laughs. (Kristi, you have to go check out my complete lack of photography skills!) http://shipmankids.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

B's Mom said...

Aawwww! Thanks so much!

Jenny said...

Thank you sweet woman... After that baby is born, you are going to need a vacation, from all the stress-- come see me. Love you:o)