Wednesday, January 21, 2009

23 weeks!

Last Saturday was the day I'm pretty sure that Tyler died. That was the day I was 15w 1d which is what age they estimated him to be when he was born. I also remember very strange details about that day (which if you know me, you know is odd b/c I don't remember anything!). I remember what I was wearing and I remember just having a weird feeling - not like something was wrong, just a weird feeling. Anyway, since I was a little stressed about it and have been having so much anxiety lately about this pregnancy, I booked an u/s at a 3d place. Mark and the boys went with me and it was a lot of fun. They projected it up on the wall so the boys got a good look at him. Danner said he has a big fat head - which it looked like he did since the image was like 5 ft wide! I've had to work really hard at not looking at the pictures too closely to try to analyze the cord and other things, but it really helped me get excited. We may actually be bringing a baby home in a few months! He's been moving around like crazy and I "saw" him moving yesterday for the first time! (thanks to some sweet tea that led to a panic later on when he wasn't moving like normal, but anyway)
Danner asked me last night if this baby is going to live or die and said that when he gets to heaven, he is going to give Tyler a big hug and kiss. He was sitting on my lap the other day and I told him he was hurting me and he said "I don't want to kill this baby too!" I hate that he has experienced this and even knows to ask those questions, but it also makes me feel really good that he remembers Tyler and loves him.
Right now I'm trying to decide what to do for Tyler's birthday - I don't know if I should do something with the boys or just remember him privately. It feels odd to "celebrate" his birthday when he was not born alive or anywhere close to viability but I do feel that we need to remember him somehow.
I am really struggling with faith right now. I have faith that no matter what happens that God will be with me and it will be ok, but I don't have faith that everything is going to be ok. I had that last time and it wasn't. I'm trying to wrap my mind around Matt 7:7-7 "ask and it will be given unto you . . . for everyone who asks receives" and Matt 21:22 "And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive" just to name a few. Even though I knew deep down that something wasn't right with Tyler, I had 100% faith that he was going to be my full term baby and that he was going to be ok. I prayed for him every day. I am thankful for all the wonderful things that have changed in my life because of his death, but I sure don't want to go there again. God's will is God's will - does He change it just because we ask him to? I just don't know and I seem to be stuck here.

3 comments:

Donna Harriman said...

CELEBRATE! CELEBRATE! CELEBRATE! Tylers Birthday!!!! Involve the boys and Mark! Buy an individual cookie with his name on it at the cookie factory. Get tons of balloons and put his name and birthdate on them then take them to the park and let them all go! Take Pictures!!! Take Video!!! Remember him!!! and Celebrate him!!!

Jenny said...

My sweet friend, who truly lives too far from me :o)
I understand about answered prayers, those answered in ways that you asked them not to be... When I was pregnant with Eric, we did not find out his sex. Because you know I hated men. I begged God to give me a little girl, because how could I raise a boy.
When Eric was born and the dr told me it was a boy, I felt betrayed, I felt wronged. I felt like God had heard non of my prayers, or He was playing some cruel joke. How could He give me a boy? How could I possibly raise a man child?
My prayers were answered and my heart, that was so broken, began to be healed through something that I thought was a betrayal. We can never understand God. His ways are too much for us to grasp, and the more we try the more confused and scared we will become, because this is when we doubt. All that you have to know is that He loves you. You are His child. He wants what is best for you, even if you see it as a betrayal. It is about Him being glorified, it is not about this life, but His life to come.
I know how it can be so hard to trust, but you do not have to trust in this life. Trust in His love. He understands our pain, but remember, He can understand and see things that we cannot. He loves you so much. Trust in His love.
Do not live in fear. He did not sacrifice so much, for you to live in fear. Trust Him, He does love you.

Jenny said...

One other thing... I love the new picture, love the nose. How wonderful...I love you sweet woman, I miss you dear friend............