Wednesday, March 11, 2009

6 more weeks to go! (hopefully)

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have put neither as an option on the names!! He will probably be Gunner, Kyler or Keller. I still really like Kyler, but I'm not convinced it's a manly name. I also don't want him or anyone else to think that he's Tyler's replacement.
I haven't blogged in awhile - I've got a lot floating around in here, it's just not something I've been able to express. The anxiety has come back full force. I got optimistic and bought his crib and some clothes, but I think it was too much too fast and I just shut down and couldn't even think about it anymore.
I was sitting in church Sunday and was reading James and I came across 2:14-26 and it's about how faith without works is dead faith: faith without deeds is useless; Abraham's faith was made complete by what he did and by his works his faith was made perfect. I need to have faith that God can get this baby here safely and I need to show that I have that faith by my deeds. If I say that I have faith, but continue to live in fear - that's letting Satan take control. So my goal is to get the crib put up this week and to go shopping next week and get the big stuff we're going to need.
I'm reading a book by Jan Karon called "In this Mountain" - it's a fictional book about a preacher that has some really good insights, but it had this quote in it from St Francis de Sales:
Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow, the same everlasting Father
who cares for you today will take care of you tomorrow and every day. Either
He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Isaiah 41:10 has also popped up a couple of times in the last few days:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
I said at the beginning of this pregnancy that I was just going to enjoy every minute I had so there were no regrets. I have forgotten that - and I need to focus on this baby and give him all the love and excitement he deserves.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Kyler can be shortened to "Kyle" to be more manly if necessary ;) You'll find the right name, no pressure Kara.

Anonymous said...

Keller makes me think of Hellen Keller!

Donna Harriman said...

Killer Keller? ummm,, not sure about that one but it would definitely sound manly. LOL... I'm glad to see you are reading the book. But Yes, you need to go back and start with the first. There is so much insite to them all! For being such an easy read and no major "drama" that goes on in the books, I still have a really hard time putting them down once I start reading them. and there really is so much knowledge and wisdom in them. Read them and share them. I really think they need to be shared! I love you and I have faith that this baby will get here in complete health (well with exception maybe of the dillon stomach! lol)