Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crib Pictures

The crib is up! (thanks Dad!) Thank you ebay for the great deal on the bedding! Nothing makes me happier than buying Pottery Barn stuff for dirt cheap!! I really feel ok now that it's up and today, I dug his clothes out of the bottom of my closet and moved them to his closet - baby steps, baby steps. I want to paint his room some cute color, but I am so scared of painting. It seems so permanent and I have problems with being undecisive. (Kristi, want to come on a TX vacation? haha)
Mark and I went and bought his carseat today. We bought the Chicco Keyfit - I really wanted a Graco and hated to spend the $$, but this one seems a little smaller and I think it will fit better in the car and it seems like everything Graco has out right now is really ugly. I'm not big on the 70's brown - Mark just says it's because I'm too old to be shopping for baby stuff! haha I hate to admit that he's right, I'd probably think it was a lot cuter if I was in my 20's!
My friend Sherri is throwing me a shower at the end of this month. I don't really want one, but these are all the friends that were with me when Tyler died and I think they need it as much as I do. Everyone there will know about Tyler and I think that will make me more comfortable about it - why? I don't know! I don't really want to go register though so I'm hoping she forgets about that part!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

LOL! Before I even got to the bottom of the first paragraph, I said out loud... "girl needs some color!" =) I vote a light but happy green for the walls. If you pick the right green, it works just like a neutral. Or a warm tan like on the puppy patch (LOVE that bedding too) Ralph Lauren Tangier Island looks really close to that and I love the color personally. That's what I have in my living and dining room. OK... I'm so proud of you! Don't tempt me with a visit to TX... it's gotta be warmer than here! xoxo

Beth said...

Your nursery is so cute!! I love it! I like the idea of tan, but I think green or yellow would be cuter. Have fun! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY for the nursery. It looks fabulous:) I didn't paint mine either so don't worry about that if you're not ready yet (but I like the green idea too--that's the color of my bedding). Yes, I think we could all learn from Kristi "Martha". Good for you Kara. Looks like it's ready for your little boy!!

Donna Harriman said...

What about "Tony Stuart Orange" LOL!!!!!!