Thursday, March 19, 2009

I did it

I finished reading the entire Bible today. It's something I committed to do after Tyler died and I feel a real sense of accomplishment in getting it done. I don't know that I understand a whole lot more than I did before, but it's amazing at the way God spoke to me through His word. I don't know how many times I "just happened" to read a verse or passage that I really needed to hear that day. You should try it - it's a real committment, but such an amazing journey.

Ok, we are STILL at a total loss on a name! I've decided that I really don't like Gunner - in the last few weeks, I've seen 2 kids with that name and I really don't want him to end up being Gunner S. forever. I think I'm out on Kyler too - I like the idea of honoring Tyler, but Kyler was just too close. I don't want this baby to think he's a replacement and I'm scared of losing part of Tyler's memory with another name that close. I know that probably won't happen, but I just don't feel it. I have moved on to Keller, but Mark thinks it sounds too girly too. I need ideas and I'm ready to throw the whole -er thing out the window. I want something that's unique, but not too weird. His middle name will be Don so it has to go with that too. Something that starts with K would be nice since my name and my mom's start with K. My brain is fried - PLEASE give me some suggestions! (I don't care if you post anonymous, but you don't get to knock my names unless you give yours!! :)

5 comments:

Beth said...

Kyle
Kendall (pick a spelling)
Koleman (I know a kid named Coleman)

Hmm, that's all I have. My favorite of those is Kyle, but I tend to like more traditional names. Kyle Don doesn't sound too great though. I'll write more later if I think of any. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Elizabeth would be really good at this task but here are a few off the top of my head:
Kaden Don
Kaleb Don
Keaton Don
Keifer Don (but it kind of sounds like reefer which is a turn off and could become a bad nickname)
Keiran Don
Kendrick Don (really like this one)
Kermit (just kidding!)
Wow! K names for boys are hard. Much easier for girls I think.

Anonymous said...

Tyson could be a tribute to Tyler...

Kullen.
Kramer.
Kaehl.
Korbin.
Kaeson.

Once when I was in the waiting room of my son's pediatrician, I saw a little boy who had Kai written on his shirt... it was pronounced "Ky". I thought that was cute, and he was a super cute kid.

Donna Harriman said...

Kagen - Irish
Kaleb - Old Testament (a companion of Moses during their time in the wilderness)
Karson - English
Kael - Gaelic
Keller - Gaelic (little champion)

Donna Harriman said...

In case I didn't mention it...I'm very proud of you!