I got out the rest of the ornaments for our tree today and when I came across Tyler's, I had a total breakdown. He should be here, there should be more to him than just an ornament on the tree. I couldn't even hang it up - Ranger did it for me. I don't know where this came from, I usually don't think about it that way but it had hit me really hard this year that he's not here.

-- Posted from my iPhone
2 comments:
You know? I had an angry reaction when I got Eli's ornament out. The kids were going on and on "oh I like this one! Listen to the sound it makes..." etc. etc. It made me angry that I was hanging an ornament for him, but I did it.
Good for you for doing it too. I still always think of my first baby when I put out my nativity set... even now, 2 1/2 kids and 8 years later.
It was hard for me to hang Ada's ornament too. I think the holidays are just especially hard, and probably always will be a little bit. I'm glad I have her ornament though, because it makes it seem like she's here in a way to celebrate with us.
Post a Comment