Saturday, May 17, 2008

Aahhh Fresh Air

Mark and I went for a drive after our dinner out last night - he put the top down and we rode down the interstate with the radio loud and the cool wind blowing on us. We didn't really talk, I just sat and looked around at the beauty that God has created. I love the night sky. It was so refreshing and a great time to sit and just "be".
Today, it seems like I encountered 1 thing after another trying to bring me down. It started out with seeing a 3 month old baby this morning. It has been 3 months since Tyler was born - it's not like he would be 3 months old, but it just caught me. Then a dad of one of my former students asked if I was having another baby. I just said "no" and he said "oh I must be thinking of someone else" and I said "no, it was me". He was so embarrassed and kept apologizing that he had forgotten. As much as I wanted to be hurt, irritated or whatever, I really enjoyed him feeling like an ass! He is a pretty big jerk anyway. Then we went to get the boys hair cuts and there were at least 5 pregnant women that came in and out while we were there. Then, we took Kala and her friend Lacy to lunch and they wanted to eat at Bennigan's which is where Mark and I ate when we were on our way to the hospital to deliver Tyler. After all of this, I am completely ok. There have been no tears - I feel refreshed, calm and cleansed. We even went to Babies R Us to buy a baby gift for my cousin.
Thank you God for your beauty, healing and peace!

No comments: