Tuesday, August 26, 2008

He did it again!

While I was writing my first post today, I was thinking of how I need to keep my eyes on God and the analogy of walking on a tight rope. As long as you look at where you are going, you do fine. It's when you look down and lose focus that you begin to fall. I didn't post that b/c a) I seem to be writing a lot of analogies that make no sense and b) I am way afraid of heights so how would I know how to walk a tightrope? Anyway, I just checked my email, and this was the daily e-votional (http://daily-e-votional.com/). I just love these little things He sends to let me know I'm on the right track. The title is "What are you looking at?" and it's based on this verse
II Corinthians 4:16-17
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.”
“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

Last night, I had just re-read Romans 8:18 that says our suffering here can't compare to the glory to be revealed. Isn't it awesome when all of the pieces come together?

No comments: