I am amazed at the way God continues to work in my life. I let Him get close and get all those warm fuzzies, then I let life get in the way and drift back. I am so thankful that lately He hasn't let me get too far away before He reminds me that He's here. I really need to work on keeping my eyes on Him and not everything happening around me.
Anyway, right after Tyler died, Mark bought me a new car that has satellite radio. I cannot tell you how many times God has used the Spirit channel to talk to me (through music :) ). It seems like every time I get in the car, there is a song playing that I really needed to hear. Lately it has been Chris Sligh's "Empty Me" and Meredith Andrew's "You're Not Alone". I've heard both of those songs tons of times and, to be honest, hadn't paid much attention to either one before. The other morning, I was brushing my teeth and the lyrics to "Empty Me" came into my mind. "Lord empty me of me so I can be filled with you". When I finally heard the whole song (it came on next time I got in the car hmmm) the rest says
"everything is a lesser thing Compared to you, compared to you. Cause everything is a lesser thing Compared to you. So, I surrender all! "
I really need to surrender me and let God fill me with Him so I can get through my struggles with losing Tyler, with my marriage, and with my shortcomings as a mom. Through all of these struggles, I have also been really lonely and another song that seems like it comes on every 5 minutes is "You're Not Alone". I know that this is a tool that Satan uses against me, and I have to admit I fall for it often. Here are the lyrics"
I search for love
When the night came and it closed in
I was alone but you found me where I was hiding and though I'll never ever be the same
It was the sweetest voice that called my name singing
You're not alone
For I am here
let me wipe away every fear
My love I've never left your side
I have seen you through the darkest night and I'm the one that's loved you all your life
All of your life
You cry yourself to sleep cause the hurt is real and the pain cuts deep
All hope seems lost
With heartache your closest friend and everyone else long gone
You've had to face the music on your own but there is a sweeter song that calls you home **sayin' You're not alone
For I am here let me wipe away your every tear
My love I've never left your side I have seen you through the darkest nights
And I'm the one that's love you all your life
All your life
Faithful and true... Forever For my love will carry you.... You're not alone for I... I am here let me wipe away every fear... Oh yeah
My love I've never left your side I have seen you through your darkest nights
Your darkest nights
And I'm the one that's loved you all your life
All of your life
It is God singing that to me and it brings tears to my eyes and gives me chills just listening to it. Thank you God for never leaving my side and loving me even when I can't see you (or won't).
I also came across a song by Natalie Grant called "Held" (another story of God leading me). This is the chorus, but the whole song is amazing:
This is what it means to be held.
How it feels when the sacred is torn from your life
And you survive. This is what it is to be loved.
And to know that the promise was
When everything fell we'd be held.
One more - this one I couldn't find for my playlist, but it's by Selah and the name of it is "Hold On", it is probably one of my very favorite songs.
If you feel today that you can't make it
Keep holdin' on, cause you can take it
If you hold on a little while longer
Hold on a little while longer
Hold on a little while longer
Hold on
If you feel it's raining all in your life
And day by day, there's nothin'
Nothin' going right
Just hold on a little while longer
Hold on a little while longer
Hold on a little while longer
Hold on
Hold on
You gotta hold to His hand
God's unchanging hand
You gotta hold to His hand
God's unchanging hand
You gotta build your hopes on things eternal
My God will never let you down
Weeping may endure for the night
But if you trust in Jesus
Everything's gonna be all right
Just hold on a little while longer
Hold on a little while longer
Hold on a little while longer
Hold on
Hold on
Can you tell I really like music? Do me a favor and stop for a minute and listen to the songs on my playlist - they are there b/c they mean something to me and I hope He will speak to you through them too.
No comments:
Post a Comment