Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Friday March 21, 2008

This is a copy of a post I have on my blog about my boys:

I have had some revelations lately about Tyler. A dear friend I have met online shared a devotional with me about faith. Here are a few quotes:
"If we as believers must have things proven to us before we chose to believe, it is not faith but the result of our rational action. True faith demands that we walk by faith because of what we read in God’s Word. God says it---I believe it---that’s good enough for me."
"What is the impossible thing in your life that dominates your life? Let me tell you that you have three choices: 1. You can try to solve the problem with your own abilities and continue with the conflict you now are experiencing. 2. You can place it in the hands of the Lord, but still keep your focus on the impossible situation. 3. You can place it in His hands and then keep your eyes on Him."
"The Lord knows our present situation as well as what lies ahead for us. One of our biggest problems is that we spend too much time looking at our personal situation instead of looking to the One who is able to control our situations."
This really touched me and seemed to go with the verse that God has put on my heart, even before I knew Tyler was gone. Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God". Like the devo says "God says it, I believe it and that's enough for me." I will never know why this happened, but I know that God does and I trust that it was a good reason. I have realized that there are many worse things that could have happened. Maybe God took Tyler when he did to protect us from something worse. I have chosen to be thankful to God for being in control of my life and thankful for the blessing that Tyler has been to all of us. I had put this in God's hands, but I couldn't take my eyes off my pain. I am now looking to God for comfort and guidance. I feel at peace - I know Tyler is in heaven with God and that he won't ever have to suffer the pain of this world that Ranger and Danner will. That is something to be thankful for.
Sorry this was so long, but it was something I feel like I needed to share.
Thank you Kristi for sharing this with me.

No comments: